CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Super taster???

his lecture and learned some very interesting tOur friend Lucas is working on his graduate degree in Neuro-Science at UC Davis in Northern California - so he came over to our house to spend Thanksgiving with Mark and me this year. He is a TA for a professor there and is giving a lecture on Tuesday about taste. (I got a preview ofhings about my tastebuds.)
Lucas became convinced that I was a "supertaster," meaning that I have an above-average number of tastebuds in my mouth. To prove his theory we coated my tongue in blue food coloring. Apparently, blue food coloring will dye your whole tongue blue except your tastebuds - allowing you to count them.

Here's a picture of my blue tongue:Unfortunately, Lucas could not determine from that test if I was a supertaster or not. But he did take some pictures of my tongue for his research.

It was fun...it an odd sort of neuro-science way.

0 comments: