CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 07, 2008

Resurrection

Here I am at the end. I'm in need of resurrection.
Only You can take this empty shell and raise it from the dead.
What I've lost to the world, what seems far beyond redemption.
You can take the pieces in Your hand and make me whole again.

I've been thinking a lot about these lyrics since I first heard them a couple of months ago. Something about them strikes a chord with me.

Probably because I feel as though I too have lost a lot to the world in the last few months.

Time.
Health.
A baby.
Hope.

Trying to navigate the waters of this season have been no easy task. The water is rough and the waves at times, enormous. Hard going when there are days you feel like you are trying to make it in a battered rowboat instead of a cruise ship.

It's easy to try and tell God He's made mistakes in your life when you are trying to bail water out of your dilapidated little boat. "Sure God. Drown me. Super plan." Blame is no doubt the easier way to feel better temporarily. But I heard my pastor say something the other night - He said God will always use two things to grow you to spiritual maturity: suffering and obedience.

Crud.

Suffering and obedience.

The worst part is it doesn't explain anything. It doesn't make it hurt less. It doesn't change my circumstances. It just means that He who began a good work in me will see it through to completion.

Here I am at the end. I'm in need of resurrection.
Only You can take this empty shell and raise it from the dead.
What I've lost to the world, what seems far beyond redemption.
You can take the pieces in Your hand and make me whole again.

It means what I've lost to the world only God can redeem.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend Jeanne, Although I have not experienced specifically what you have in the last few months, I can say that it has been a particularly difficult season for me too. There were times I thought, Why me?, and other times I wanted to hide in a closet and never come out, but I am just now beginning to see why I went through those things, how I have grown from them, and even how to draw from them to help others.. Hang in there.. You are right, He is doing a GOOD work in you, and WILL give you the desires of your heart as you continue to be faithful to Him. Love you.

Jeanne said...

Thanks, Tina. I am counting on the fact that these experiences are going to mean something (a lot of somethings hopefully) and that in the future I will be able to look back on these months as a time of suffering, but a time of growth too. I love you too.

Sunny Cain said...

Jeanne,it really has been a tough season. The great thing is that God CAN redeem these past few months, and He WILL. I imagine that your boat, that was filling with water, was not from the waters around you, but was from the tears God cried along with you. He cares, more than we will ever understand, you are his daughter, His precious child, and for what ever reason, He knows this season is necessary. Hang in there, and know that God will not sink your boat, but rather, He will help you get up, and walk with him across the water to safety! I love you sista

Anonymous said...

Jeanne,

Your heart is a story of God at work...I treasure seeing His work in you...