CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 27, 2005

xlntway

I am an official, one-hundred percent, bonified resident of the state of Nevada. The last DMV paper has been signed, the last of my Illinois identity stripped away. I now have Nevada plates.
Anyone who sees my little green Dodge Spirit will now stare at my bumper and play the game of trying to figure out what my plate means. Let me tell you: "xlntway" translates into "excellent way." In 1 Corinthians 13 Paul says, "And now I will show you the most excellent way. If I speak in the tongue of men and of angels but have not love I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbol. If I have the gift of prophesy and can fathom all mysteries but have not love I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames but have not love, I gain nothing." If I were to have a "life-verse," that would probably be it.
On the upside, it only cost me 44 dollars to register my car (as opposed to 80 something in Illinois). I thought that it was going to be a lot more...I suppose that is a benefit to having an older model car. The downside to the new plates is that when I make a poor driving choice I can no longer let people think that I am an out-of-towner with my out of state plates. I guess I can't have everything!

2 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

I really like your license plate.

Anonymous said...

good. I like it too.