CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Extravagant Love

God has been trying to teach me something that until today I have been too dense to recognize. The last few months have been a very difficult season - difficult personally and professionally. I believe that God has a myriad of lessons for me to learn from my present circumstances. But today I feel like one sunk in. It was as if I heard Him say to me, "Child, my love is extravagant." In the past two days I have received 2 very unexpected, very expensive gifts. Both were huge blessings. Both were extravagant. Both were hard for me to receive.

But this afternoon as I was sitting in the soundbooth, crying over what I had just been given, I heard- or rather felt it..."Child, my love is extravagant." I don't think that these people gave me these gifts to teach me that God's love is extravagant. They gave them to me because they love me. But I also know that God is not a God who wastes opportunities. He used the earthly extravagant love I had just been a part of to teach me something of Himself. His love is extravagant. Amazing.

1 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

Thank you for sharing, Jeanne.

I miss you! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!