CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Myriad Life

My sister is getting married. Sunday. No, not Heather...Krystina. So much to say about that. But in order to write about it I would have to think about it. And I don't want to think about it right now.

I have read two statements in the past week that I have really identified with:

1. "I don't doubt God. I doubt myself." I don't doubt that God has a plan; I don't doubt that He will use my circumstances (good or bad) to accomplish His plan. I do sometimes doubt my ability to catch God's vision. Some days I doubt I have the strength and fortitude to carry what He has asked of me. I don't doubt God. I doubt myself.

2. "I am tired of living in a constant state of transition." That about sums it up.

Overall, I had a good holiday. Work was a madhouse - but I fully expected that. It was nice to see my Dad. We all stayed together at Heather and Mike's house in Dayton. It was nice to get out of my apartment for a few days. I slept on the pull out bed with Heather, her Yorkie Jake, and her dachshund Daisy (quite possibly the cutest dogs ever). They like to sleep under the covers and right up next to you. Friday night they both slept right on top of me. Not all that comfortable...but they are so cute that I didn't have the heart to move them. On Christmas Day Dad cooked a huge turkey dinner with all the trimmings. It was delicious. I ate way too much. But I am pretty sure that is standard protocol during the holidays.

I am anticipating that January is going to be a good month. Three of my favorite authors have books due out and Avalon's new CD "Stand" is due to be released. I received a gift card to Borders for Christmas, but I am saving it so I can purchase these things. If I can wait that long it is...we'll see how that goes.

If 2006 goes as quickly as 2005 did, I am going to need some sort of life-seatbelt. Do they make those? I should patent one. I could make a bundle...

1 comments:

Elissa said...

Jeanne,
If you find a life seatbelt, let me know where to get one. That's how we're feeling here. in the middle of nowhere. waiting for things to happen. constant transition in 2005 for me also. hoping for a little more consistency in 2006.
Hope you also had a merry christmas and have a happy and consistent new year.