CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 07, 2008

I'm gettin' my domestic on....

Nope.

I'm not talking about being a domestic diva.

I'm talking about gettin' my domestic disturbance on.

In two weeks Mark and I are going to be actors for the Western Nevada Police Academy practical training scenarios.

Part of your training in the Police Academy is being put in training scenarios with live actors that mimic real life calls for service...like domestic disturbances, car stops, etc. So I get to embrace my inner actor and yell at Mark and the "cops" and maybe get arrested or searched or something. How the cadets respond to the scenarios are closely watched by the instructors and they are graded on things like officer safety, knowledge of the law, when to arrest and not to arrest and interaction with the public (actors).

Many of the actors are police officers so they can give the cadets an accurate portrayal of what they will run up against on real calls. And then there are other actors who just happen to be related to a cop and therefore get to join in the fun!

I'll be sure to blog about my experience and let you know how I did! (and if I was the one arrested or not!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.