CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 29, 2005

Natural Disaster?

I was at lunch yesterday with three of my co-workers, all of which have lived in the west for a number of years. One of the ladies mentioned that the weather felt like "earthquake weather." I had no idea you could predict that sort of thing with the weather. Anyway, she asked me if I had ever been through an earthquake; and I had to admit that I had not. I told them I had been through plenty of tornados though.

As far as I know, tornados are not a big threat here in Nevada. At least not like they are in the Midwest. Last summer I saw a tiny dust tornado...but I hardly think that counts. Today while I was at work I had this de ja vu tornado experience. The last couple of days have been stormy, lots of rain and some lightening and thunder. The air felt like a tornado...even though I knew that there wasn't one coming. It reminded me of being at my Dad's house, standing out in the yard with him watching the black clouds roll in, feeling the electricity in the air, that feeling in your gut when you knew the storm was going to be more than just a little thing. Even though I don't really miss the tornados - I sorta miss that feeling. Another one of life's dichotomies I guess.

1 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

Gosh, I know exactly what you mean.