CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Nerd Alert

I had a gigantic nerd moment today. I was in my Creative Arts Team meeting, and we were discussing the age demographics of Northern Nevada. The Reader's Digest version of the conversation is that there are not many people in my age demographic in the area because the cost of living is extrememly high. There are however, a lot of wealthy retirees that seem to have 400,000 dollars to drop on a home. But I digresss...Anyway, John (senior pastor) asks me if he thinks my sister Heather will stay in the area. We are just trying to get a handle on where the future of the valley is. He then asks me why I am living in this area and how long I plan to stay there. It is at this point that everyone in the room stops and stares at me. (and just to give you a mental picture, everyone else in the room is male and over forty). My answer: God called me here and I know this is where I belong. Now, don't get me wrong. I believe that with all my heart. It just felt like such an awful cliche coming out of my mouth. There are lots of reasons that I believe I belong here. All of them having to do with the fact I am called here by God. At that awful moment I simply couldn't articulate one of them. And I felt like an idiot in front of three men that I really admire. Not my best moment.

0 comments: