CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

525,600 minutes...

Mark,

Today is exactly one year from the day that we went on our first date. I don't often sit and think about that day anymore as so much has happened since then. However, today is a day to remember...

I remember being nervous. And I remember wanting to back out. But I also remember this nagging feeling that if I did back out that I would be missing out on something fantastic. My nagging feeling was probably the Holy Spirit. And it was true - had I turned you down I would have missed out on the greatest blessing of my entire life - you.

I remember early in the afternoon waiting for you to call and set up the details of time and place for the evening. I remember the feeling when I saw an unfamiliar number on my phone and knowing it was you. Being scared to pick up but really curious as to what you had to say. I remember our conversation and thinking how nice you were - and that it wasn't that hard to talk to you after all.

I remember sitting at my kitchen table with Sunny and waiting for you to pick us up. Wondering what in the world we were going to have to talk about. Curious as to why you picked me. Wondering if you knew how old I really was. Not knowing if you were going to want to go out with me again after that night. Not believing that it was my life that this was happening to. You rang my doorbell. My life changed forever.

I'll probably always remember what you had on that night. And where we sat in Applebee's. And how nice you were. Probably the nicest guy I had ever met. And such a gentleman! Sunny and I thought you were too good to be true. That no one could be that much of a gentleman. Or that nice.

But it was true. I married the nicest, kindest, most chivalrous man on earth. You are everything you said you were that night and more. I'm so glad you picked me. I'm so glad I said yes.

Happy One Year Anniversary, Mark. I love you.

Jeanne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd Marry You Again in a second.... I Love You Beautiful..!

Sunny Cain said...

I love you too Jeanne (and Mark). I am so happy that I got to go to the Rascal Flatts concert.....or I mean I am happy that you guys found each other. Enjoy one another!

tina said...

Aaaww, makes me want to cry..seriously. I'm glad I got to be a part of something so special!! Love you guys!

Brad and Lindy said...

perfectly said