CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

One of those days.

Yup. Just one of those days.

My car's broken. Again. I got home this afternoon, parked it in the rocks (it's leaking oil now so I'm not allowed to park in the driveway), and it promptly overheated, spurted steam everywhere and dumbed the contents of my cooling system on the ground. Again. I wanted to scream.

Mark pulls in the driveway 30 seconds later. I yell for him to come see. The first thing he says?? "Well, good thing you aren't parked in the driveway. That would have made a mess."

WHAT? I'm sorry...I am now without a vehicle AGAIN and the first thing he thinks about is the cement in the driveway. And honestly, I can't understand why it matters what the cement in the driveway looks like. It's a driveway. You drive on it. It's gonna get dirty.

At this point I have no idea what to do about the car. It has been in the repair shop twice now in the last three weeks and this is still happening. So I do what any girl would do. I called Dad.

He was no help. "Well Jeanne, it sounds like a really slow leak that is going to be hard to find."

He tells me to fill it with water and drive it till it comes up to temperature, but hopefully not overheating, so I can try and pinpoint where the leak is. I'm sorry...but on my list of things to do when I got up this morning that was SSSSOOOOOOO not on it. As if I want to go drive my unreliable car around so I can possibly strand myself on the side of the road in 100 degree weather so I can possibly try and ascertain where this tiny little leak is. I may have picked up some auto repair skills from my father but that was NOT ONE OF THEM.

Rewind. Mark and I are in the driveway watching my car steam and spit. He tells me he's glad I didn't get his driveway dirty. I want to kick him. But I can't do that. So what do I do? I start kicking my car. Hard. I was really trying to dent it. Had I been holding a bat I probably would have used it. But I wasn't so I had to use what was available and that was my foot. It sorta hurt but I was oddly satisfied having kicked it. My dad would not have approved. Neither did Mark.

Yup. Just one of those days.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaww man, that totally stinks! Hopefully you can find out what is wrong with the darn thing.. I HATE car trouble...