CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lessons learned

How much do you look like Jesus? My three year old step-son Lance got me to thinking about that question today.

This weekend we had a powerful drama in our services in which Jesus was portrayed in the traditional first century garb.

He saw the drama during rehearsal this morning and only had one question for me: "Why is Jesus here at church?" Tyler, my six year old stepson had the answer - "It's not really Jesus. Just some guy that looks like him."

Just some guy that looks like him. It got me to thinking. How many people were present this weekend that looked like Jesus? How much do I look like Jesus?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cool how kids can get us to think about things like that when they don't even mean to.. I can totally picture cute little Lance asking that!

Jeanne said...

It was so funny because Lance was SO SERIOUS. He really wanted to know why Jesus was here and on stage!

Cindy and Henry said...

Jeannw,
I love this entry. My heart is that I can look, act and have a heart just like Jesus so others can have hope. Please let me know if I ever act in a way that doesn't look like HIM!
Love you
Cindy