CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happy anniversary

Today is my anniversary. Exactly one year ago today I left Illinois to make the two day drive to Carson City, NV. It hardly seems like a year ago that I took one last look at what had been my home and started west.

I have days where I miss Illinois, miss the Midwest. But really, I think that I am just missing what is familiar. To say that it is hard to start over in a brand new state, thousands of miles from what and who you have always known would be a gross understatement. And yet, I have done it. There have been days when I have wanted to pick up, ditch this new life and move back. But I haven't. And I'm glad.

One year. Hardly seems possible. Happy anniversary to me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is because I am irresistable...