CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 21, 2005

In a nutshell

Too many thoughts and experiences to make a coherent paragraph. I'll just make a list.

* I'm starting work on my Masters. My first class is "New Testament Studies," and it begins in about three and half weeks. I literally have thousands of pages to read before the class begins. Only have 125 read. I'm a little freaked.

* My job continues along just swimmingly. I'm up to my ears in copyright law...just when I think I have a rule figured out I find out that there are ten different exceptions that apply on different days of the week, in different types of weather, and is dependent on what I'm wearing. Basically what I'm saying is that copyright law is downright confusing.

* I had a...how shall we say...unusual experience this weekend. Unfit for blogging ears. You may however, call me, and I will divulge all the sordid details.

* I have two female friends from church who are both married and think it is a crime that I am not. They have made it their mission to point out to me every male that walks in the doors who looks single. The decided this weekend that it would be a good idea if I had business cards made up that they could hand out to single males that they think would be a good fit for me. I hope they were kidding.

* I'm going to Illinois for Thanksgiving and I couldn't be more excited about it. I miss my Dad.

* I'm trying to decide if I miss teaching. I don't miss the lesson planning, or the disciplining, or the meetings and inservices. I do however, miss my students. Most of them anyway. It was fun for a season, but God has moved me in another direction and I must admit I am very pleased.

* I'm starting a campaign to get more personal email. Real letters would be even better. The art of letter writing is so beautiful. I want to get more of them. Anyone want to be my faithful penpal?

* I have been having some disturbing dreams lately. Not nightmares, but dreams that are a glimpse of what my life could look like in the future. In them I am watching my life unfold almost as if am watching a movie. Sometimes I wake up and I am sad that the dream is over because what was watching happen was so good. Sometimes those dreams are almost worse than nightmares. My subconscious is teasing me with what I want but don't have yet. Bummer.

* God is faithful. Just like He was faithful in bringing me here to the desert, to CVC; He will be faithful in the future seasons of my life.

* That is my life in a nutshell.

1 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

I wanna be your penpal! Email me your address. coffeemonkey1@hotmail.com