CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 02, 2006

I don't rest well. I'm a mover and a doer - so when I am not moving or doing I have trouble knowing what exactly to do. Maybe if I start thinking of resting as an actual activity I would do better.

I'm still recovering from my food poisoning battle from Wednesday. I actually felt worse today than I did yesterday. I attribute that to the fact that I worked a full day yesterday and didn't give my body any time to rest or heal. My sister told me I was crazy...but unfortunately it couldn't be helped. So today I only worked half a day. I wouldn't have made it through a whole day alive anyway. I did what I absolutely had to get finished for the weekend, rented a few movies, came home and began my resting.

For the first few hours it was not terribly difficult. I felt awful. I wanted to rest. My head felt as though someone was banging on it with a hammer. I was feeling skittish about taking medicine...I'm afraid everything I put in my stomach now is going to cause some revolt. I suppose I will eventually get over this as I cannot live off of applesauce and gatorade for the rest of my life. After about four hours of unbelievable headache pain I relented and took some Ibuprofen. My head now feels mildly better.

I still don't feel well. And I don't want to go anywhere or do anything because I would probably fall down after the first 15 minutes - but I am tired of resting.

Ah, such a dilemma. Back to my movies.

2 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

I hate taking headache medicine too, but my pcp said that if we (women in particular) don't take ibuprofen or exedrin right at the start of a headache, the chances of it turning into a migraine is considerably higher. I just started having visual migraines a month ago. Apparently females 18-30 experience them the most. So, with that said, I encourage you to end undue pain and take a couple of ibuprofen at the onset and hence avoiding hours of pain.

Jeanne said...

hhmm...good advice.