CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 12, 2006

Vegas, Day 1

Our Arts Team retreat to Vegas was fantastic! Day one (Friday) was spent in large part traveling and getting checked into our hotel, the Stratosphere. We ate dinner at a really nice food court at Ceasar's Palace (see photo). I ate a delicious hamburger. Mmmmm.


After we finished eating, we saw Celine Dion's show, A New Day. It was, without a doubt, the most amazing show I have ever seen. It managed to be visually stunning without being over the top. The marriage of song, lighting, media and dance was just perfect. I sat leaning forward in my seat the entire show. Watching the show in a reclined position was just not an option. The show was worth every single penny. In fact, I would pay more to see it again. Below is a photo of our group as we were about to enter the theater.
After the show, we walked over to the Bellagio and watched a few of the fountain shows. It was so beautiful. I am sure that the show would be beautiful during the day, but it was just breathtaking at night with all the lights. Here's a picture:


By the time we made it back to the hotel, it was a little after midnight. Since Vegas is the city that never sleeps, we decided to go to an all night diner that was in our hotel. They had a section of the menu called "Midnight Madness" that was breakfast specials that they served from Midnight to 5am. We all sat in the diner and talked about the show until about 1:30 am. It was the most fun I have had in a long time. It was the perfect end to Day 1 of our retreat.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I did have a wonderful time. I'll finish posting about the rest of the trip later. If you still lived here I would so take you to see the show! it was FANTASTIC!!

Jeanne said...

I never saw any Elvis. I did however, see a lot of posters of Wayne Newton.

Brad and Lindy said...

And here I've always thought that Celine was a twisted Canadian torture method. ;) JK. I'm glad you had a good time.