CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Back from the dead

I got food poisoning. It was awful and I pretty much wanted to die. I won't gross out with the nitty gritty details, but suffice to say I would rather cut off my right arm than go through it again. Nuff said.

I just finished watching the National Spelling Bee. It was much more interesting than one would think. I watched it for an hour and a half and I knew ONE word. Not I knew how to spell one word...I had heard of one word: Koine. And I only knew this word because I know what Koine Greek is. It's depressing that there are a whole host of 7th and 8th graders that are smarter than I am. And did you know that these kids have spelling coaches? Interesting.

There was one classic moment I would like to recount. One boy spelled his word incorrectly, so he is back stage being interviewed. The reporter asks him, "You placed significantly higher this year. What do you attribute this to?" The kid replies, "I don't know. God?"

I thought it was classic, anyway.

0 comments: