CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 17, 2006

The Rascals fall flatt....

I saw part of the Rascal Flatts concert last night up in Lake Tahoe. And I say part because we left before the concert was over. And I can't say that I'm sad about it, either. Even though overall the evening was ok, the concert was not what we expected. Here's why:

1. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was DRUNK. And I mean drunk. And lucky for me, the person immediately to my right was drunker than a skunk and was constantly bumping me. By the time we left I had seriously run out of patience for them. I have zero tolerance for stupidity like that.

2. The concerted "started" at 7pm. Except there were TWO opening acts. Rascal Flatts didn't even start playing until shortly after 9 pm.

3. Rascal Flatts was a disappointment on several levels. First, while we there they played very little music from the albums. They did several covers of other people's stuff, and the did what I would call "messing around." A few very large drum solos (they had two complete drum kits with two drummers. If I hadn't been annoyed it would have been cool.), a long fiddle solo, and a lot of TALKING. Which leads me the second reason I was disappointed in them. What they did have to say was not in the least bit edifying. In fact it was down right offensive. To sum it up - it was about drinking and fine women. Come on guys, you can do better than that. Plus, after two songs the lead singer disappeared from the stage for over 30 minutes!! What?? I came here to see YOU. Don't LEAVE. Ugh. We ended up leaving about 45 minutes into their set because Sunny had reached her physical limit for the day. I was not disappointed.

Now, having said all that, I am still grateful to have gotten to go - especially if you know the story of how we got in.

I do have a couple of positive comments about the show - the musicians were unbelievable. I was in awe of their sheer talent. And the stage was very cool. They had a huge LCD screen that projected images and created moods. The entire right side of the stage (from top to bottom) was probably 30 smaller screens. It created an amazing effect. To top it off, in the center of the stage was a "building block" thing that they band was on. The front of it was also another screen. There were some great pyrotechnics and lights. It was very cool.

At the beginning of their show the lead singer was talking in between a couple of songs and said something to the effect that they had taken a poll and their music and show was better when you were drunk. I think he might actually be right.

0 comments: