CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 17, 2006

Redeemed!

The weekend is redeemed! I just spoke with one of my long time friends and he has finally set a date to come and visit me here in good ole' Minden, NV. We spoke for a while on the phone and now I am reminiscing about some of our good times together:

Christmas Eve. Our families are good friends and spent every Christmas Eve together. We would go to the Christmas Eve service at church, go caroling around town, and then have a party (With Mary's little weenies. Mmmm so delicious). I really miss that Christmas tradition.

Thumb wrestling in band. We both played alto saxophone, and when we would get bored we would thumb wrestle. I never won. Not in eleven years. Not even once. It's very sad.

Solo and Ensemble contest. Every year in high school we would play a saxophone duet for Solo and Ensemble contest. Two of those years we even got perfect scores. However, I'll never forget our senior year when I had a total brain fart moment and played the pages our duet out of order. We "finish" and Lucas says to the judge, "That second page is really nice. Would you like to hear it?" The judge actually lets us play the piece over. We still managed to get a I rating.

High school dances. We went to three of them together. Sophomore year Homecoming Dance, Sophomore year Vice-Versa dance and Senior Prom. I still have pictures somewhere...

Serving together at the Peoria Rescue Mission. Our youth group would go there periodically and serve dinner. Somehow, Lucas always managed to be the dishwasher.

Too many other memories to count in this space.

How exciting! No one comes to visit me for almost two years and now I have three friends coming in one summer! Yippee!!!

0 comments: