CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Much Ado About Nothing.

Ok, not nothing. Lot's of little somethings I guess.

I'm going on my first grown-up vacation. To Hawaii. That's right...Hawaii. Much thanks to my sister and her husband who are stationed in Honolulu. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to ten days with my sister on a beach. I'm turning my phone off. And my email will be off-limits.

It will be a vacation of firsts for me. My first time in Hawaii - My first time on a military base - My first time staying in the home of my MARRIED sister (sorry Krys....still weird when I remember you're married. Good weird, of course.) It is really very exciting.

I'm learning to run sound. It's complicated. But to my advantage I have an excellent teacher. Our Tech Director knows more about sound than....well I can't think of a good comparison. But suffice it to say that he knows a whole heckava lot. The hardest part is EQ. Intellectually, I understand what all the buttons do. I can explain where the signal gets routed and why. And my ear can tell you what is wrong with a sound, but I haven't yet mastered how to EQ it. I need to learn to connect what my ear says is wrong to what knob on the board to turn. All ear training, according to Dave. I gotta be honest that nothing has made me feel like more of an idiot than this whole EQ business. I suppose I'll master it...eventually.

I suppose learning new complicated processes are good for me. I'll just consider learning all about audio equipment and EQ an exercise in staving off Alzheimer's.

Man, I'm tired. Time for bed.

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

I must say...I am rather excited as well!