CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Broken.

I broke something really important to me last night. Two years ago when I finished my internship, someone very special gave me a gift. It was a beautiful glass butterfly. She told me she had chosen the butterfly because over the course of my internship I had transformed just like butterflies do.

I have moved four times since being given that gift. Each time I have gone to great lengths to make certain the butterfly made it in one piece. And I have been successful every move. My new apartment was going to be the place where the butterfly would finally be displayed properly. So last night I removed it from its box and carefully unwrapped it. I then dropped it on my kitchen floor and watched it break into about thirty pieces.

I'm sorry, Kelly.

2 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

oooooohhhhh how sad!!!

Anonymous said...

I know. Very, very, sad.