CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 19, 2006

More expensive? Worth it!

I finally had a few free hours today when I could take my car to Les Schwab and have my snow tires swapped out for my regular season tires. Normally, I would go to Wal-Mart for my tire needs. They are cheaper, and my Dad is a big proponent of cheaper. But the customer service at Wal-Mart's Tire and Lube Express is non-existent. I have several stories about awful experiences I have had there. Each time I go there, I end up cursing my Dad and vowing never to return.
So when I needed my tires swapped I went to Les Schwab. I will NEVER go back to Wal-Mart. I don't care if Les Schwab ends up being twice as expensive; never again will I darken the doors of the Wal-Mart Tire and Lube Express. Let me tell you about my Les Schwab experience: I pull into the parking lot, fish around in my bag for a book to take in with me, and get out of the car. There waiting at my bumper is a Les Schwab employee. He says, "What can I help you with today, ma'am?" I'm stunned. I manage to say, "I need my snow tires removed." He smiles and says, "We can do that. Right this way." I follow him inside where he even opened the door for me. After taking my information, I sit down to wait. I anticipate a long wait. There are plenty of other customers, and I figure I'll be there an hour or more. I begin to read my book. I was sorrily mistaken about the time. Twenty minutes! In twenty minutes they were finished with my car. Everyone was polite. Everyone smiled at me. And the employees didn't look like escaped convicts.

Seriously, the best fifty-two dollars I ever spent.

0 comments: