CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Strawberry Code

I saw The Da Vinci Code last night. Overall, I was fairly disappointed. Simply put it was not a great movie. In spite of the fact that it pains me to read such horrible lies about Jesus, I enjoyed the book. It had interesting characters, was face paced and interesting. My number one complaint is Ron Howard failed to capture the pace of the book. The movie was just plain slow. I found myself repeatedly looking at my watch and thinking, "Holy cow! I can't believe it has only been five minutes since I last looked at my watch!" I do not regret having seen it, but for $8.75, I wish it had been a better film.

I am up to my ears in Strawberries. I was at Costco yesterday buying batteries for the weekend, and I wandered into the produce section. (Costco has really great produce!). I love strawberries, but have been disappointed with the selection at Walmart. They are tiny berries, and I can't seem to get a package that I am satisfied with. So when I was wandering through Costco produce I notice a large display of very fine looking strawberries. A four pound package of giant California strawberries. Quite possibly the most delicious looking strawberries I have seen for some time. So I purchase them. And I am now eating strawberries at every meal in order to finish all four pounds before they spoil.

Strawberry Shortcake, anyone?

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

I know! It just went on and on forever. The worst part was that I had read the book. So I knew where it was going to end. And the movie just kept going, and going...and we weren't at the end yet. It was a really long 2 1/2 hours.